Friday, April 8, 2011

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...

I gave you a crumb, and you took my plate.
I gave you a stone, and you tried to climb my mountain.
That sip of water I offered?? Yea, your thirsty ass had your hand out waiting to receive my waterfall!
But at the end of the day, I am me and you are you.
I will lend a helping hand, but not at the expense of my own health.
Material things mean nothing to me, and your well-being keeps me turning.
But it's time for you to start taking responsibility for your your life.
No more excuses. You control your own destiny.
I'll always be here for moral support.
Instead of giving you the sushi on my plate, I'd rather teach you how to fish.

You can only do so much for those around you. I firmly believe that in giving, you will ALWAYS receive something in return. But don't be so blind and be fooled by the users. Just because you give THEM something, doesn't necessarily mean you will receive your reward from THEM. The blessing of others is always a gift but you have to realize that there are people in your circle, in your home, in your family, in your life, who will make an example of you. They want to see how much they can get out of you. The best thing you can do for these people is to stop babying them, and give them the chance to learn and grow. Teach them the importance of being able to survive and become successful on their own. But you could always have them living in your basement, paying their car note & child support at 30! Or you could push them out the door and teach them how to LIVE. It's up to you. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment