Thursday, June 16, 2011

Strength


Every pain you've caused me, has only made me stronger
Every tear I've cried, could have been held a little longer
My dreams tell me the words that you always keep inside
They explain to me the feelings that you've always tried to hide
I know what you mean about being patient for my goal
But I also understand I can't keep my life on hold
My will and determination has caused my soul to weep
So at night I pray for more than just my soul to keep
My sanity is at bay, and I'm lost on what to do
So now I realize for me to win, I have to lose you too
Not forever, I know, cuz we'll always remain close friends
Not because I like you, but because i'll love you til the end
You tell me to harness things that were probably meant to be
But how can I harness feelings that have already been set free
I admit you give me courage, courage I never had
But I'm afraid that my courage, has only made me sad
I smile on the outside, knowing this is all just a test
Feeling stunned on the inside, 'cause I know I have the best
I say HAVE 'cause you're mine without a shadow of a doubt
And even though you see her, I know what it's about
I need you as my friend, and there's no way around it
I needed guidance in my life, and now I've finally found it
So yes I can hold out, and wait a little longer
'Cause the anger you've given me has only made me STRONGER
(Poem By Nikimodo)

No comments:

Post a Comment